Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gaming in General


So here's the deal. I've been a semi-gamer most of my life. I never took had the money to get stuff as it comes out so it's usually just roaming the cheap stuff from gamestop or depend on good presents from family, but about a semester ago I played a game that completely changed my view on the gaming industry: Prince of Persia-Sands of Time. Yes, I am well aware that this game has been out for a very long time, but I think it's one of the best games ever. The experience and depth that it offers is just so out of the league of any other game I've played to date. About three fourths of the way through I literally could not stop playing. I was dying to know what was around the next corner. For the first time ever, the gameplay was actually just a way to further the story, instead of just a fun way to waste time, and I actually stood up out of my chair when the prince's love interest Farah, jumped (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER) and then she (SOME MORE SPOILERS HERE YOU REALLY SHOULD JUST PLAY THE GAME) on her bum. Since then I've been in search of games that could measure up to the prince and with summer approaching, hopefully my gaming career will be able to bloom. The one good thing about being light years behind everyone in the gaming world is I already know where to point my nose. First up on the list (until I get back to some software that doesn't involve my computer and ancient downloads) is Link to the Past. This is the first game in the Zelda trilogy (although if you're reading this you probably already know that), and I will attempt to analyze it like Link is a brand new character to me. All bias aside, each game will have a fair chance to impress me and contend for the #1 spot that the Prince currently holds. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment