Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

But I digress


Yes, yes I know it's been a while, but the way I see it, people are only going to look back at this page when I'm rich and famous to see what foolishness I wasted my time on when I was young.

Ok it's this kind of nonsense that really turns me off of the "big three" in the Nintendo franchise. Seriously how much more ad time does Mario need? It kills the immersion of the game a little bit when Nintendo jumps out to remind me "hey remember this chump in the red hat and overalls?? We though of him! Just sayin." It is a completely unnecessary addition to the game. Maybe the developers of this game thought they were being clever when they put this in but it still seems like this is the same sort of character reminding that Disney uses when you walk into a hotel and 600,000 Mickey Mouses are staring back at you.

Anyways I got to the boss of the third pendant in the Zelda game. Still can't figure out how to kill the thing. Frustration is obviously key to a massive quest like this, but frankly, I'm not really sure I have the perseverance to push through any more. You see, I was honestly intrigued when this game started and my roomate or whatever he was died right away. However, considering I never knew his name, I gave up on the quest for revenge as a plot driver long ago. Link seems to be the guy that everyone knows, but he shows nothing to them. No emotion. No words even (except huh, hah, and hyah naturally). His stories would be just as interesting if you replaced him with a clown fish swinging a stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment